Before uploading an artist image, learn about image guidelines and supported file formats.
An artist image is a JPG or PNG file that’s displayed next to content on Swiperr. Images can be uploaded, updated, or deleted by anyone with Editor permissions in Swiperr.
Only upload photos you have legal authorization to share. Images that do not meet the guidelines, or do not meet our presentation standards, may be rejected or removed.
Artist Image Formatting Requirements
- 2400 x 2400 or greater preferred.
- 800 x 800 minimum
Do not upscale images
- Resolution – 72 dpi
- File Type – JPG or PNG
Things to Avoid
Make sure your image avoids these three common rejection issues: blurry or pixelated content, borders, and text.
1. No pixelation or low-resolution images.
2. No borders of any kind.
3. No typography or logos of any kind.
Additional Artist Image Guidelines
• No blurry, pixelated, mismatched, misaligned, or rotated images
• No advertisements for content (for example, “Includes DVD” or “Includes Lyrics”)
• No artist album cover art or artist logos
• No text, including artist names, roles, dates, instruments, or current and former bands
• No borders
• No attempt to up-sell a product. The image should be a representation of the artist.
• No misleading images (for example, depicting or referencing an artist not associated with the original artist)
• No URLs for websites that sell music or compete with Swiperr.
• No use of the terms “Swiperr,” “Swiperrmedia.”
• No pornography or website URLs that link to pornography
• No images or themes not legal or appropriate for all countries, or that encourage unlawful conduct, or are otherwise obscene, objectionable, or in poor taste.
Note: Images that do not meet the guidelines, or do not meet our presentation standards, may be removed. Only upload photos you have legal authorization to share.
Artwork Formatting Requirements
Your Artwork Must Be :
- JPG, PNG, or GIF image file
- Perfect square and at least 1600 x 1600 pixels, or maximum 3000 x 3000 pixels.
- Best-quality RGB Color mode (including black and white images)
- Resolution of at least 72 dpi (300 dpi is better)
- Only include text stating the artist name and release title (exactly as it appears in the title you enter in Swiperr) or image only with no text
- Images that you own the rights to distribute
Do NOT include :
- Extra text outside of your release title and artist name
- Mismatching text on artwork and artist name/title (i.e. if you’re uploading a single but your art says the album title where the single will later appear, this is a conflict. You must enter the single’s title or no title on the art).
- Email addresses, URLs, or any other contact information or any pricing information
- Stickers or other items from your artwork in case you are scanning it in from a physical CD – please remove them
- Anything suggesting that your release is a physical or digital product, such as “CD,” “DVD,” “Digital Exclusive”
- Cut off artwork (cut off text or images) or blurry artwork
- Artwork that is compressed into one corner with the rest of the image having white space
- Anything saying “Swiperr” or referencing a digital store name or logo
- Any copyrighted images that you do not own the rights to distribute
If your artwork does not adhere to these requirements, this may result in our store rejecting your release.